- Step 1: Review Criteria
- Step 2: Determine Grade Placement
- Step 3: Prepare Required Documents
- Step 4: Apply Online
- Step 5: Register for an Admissions Exam
Who is eligible to attend an international school in Korea?
- A student having one or more parents holding a nationality that is not South Korean as verified by an alien registration card and Korean family registry.
- A student who has lived overseas for no less than 3 years (1,095 days) as verified by the “Entry and Exit Certificate” issued by the Korean immigration department.
- A student currently enrolled at an accredited international school in Korea.
- A student with 6 semesters of official report cards and a letter of attendance from an overseas school. Note: 6 semesters status applies only to Elementary year Grade 1 and above.
Please prepare a recent photo of your child for identification purposes. A passport style image in jpg format is best. The maximum file size is 10 MB.
Please prepare a .pdf copy of the ID Page for:
- Applicant's Mother
- Applicant's Father
Please prepare a copy of the Applicant's birth certificate or Korean Family Registry
- 3 Years Overseas
- Official certificate of entry and exit for Applicant and parent(s)
- If your child has dual citizenship, please submit a certificate of entry and exit for each passport.
- Foreign Parent(s)
- Copy of valid Alien Registration Card
- Official certificate of entry and exit
- International School Transfer
- Letter of attendance from current international school stating date of initial enrollment.
- Eligibility requirement that was met at the time of applicant's admission to current school.
- Six (6) Semesters Overseas
- Official report cards/transcripts showing completion of six (6) semesters from school(s) abroad.
- Official letter of attendance from school(s) abroad.
- Official certificate of entry and exit (applicant and parents).
Transcripts or Report Cards
The documents should be written in English or translated into English with notarization and sent directly to KIS in a sealed envelope.
- PK - K: Please provide all available school documents.
- G1 - G8: Please provide report cards for current and previous two (2) years.
- G9 - G12: Official transcripts/report cards for current and previous two (2) years.
Please request that your child's teacher complete our Letter of Recommendation Form. The form should be submitted directly to KIS from the teacher.
- PK - G5: Homeroom Teacher
- G6 - G12: English and Math Teacher
If available, please submit a copy of your child's standardized test result(s).
Schedule and Sit the Admissions Exam & Interview
At this point, all required documents should have been submitted. Only students who have submitted all required documents will be contacted for testing/interview scheduling via parent’s email. If you are not contacted to schedule testing, please refer to Step 3 to determine if any documents are missing.
Please note that document processing takes approximately 3-4 business days.
The entire evaluation process typically take between 5-10 business days after the Admissions Exam & Interview. Application results will be communicated via email.