Welcome to Korea International Middle School. Our middle school program is a rigorous course of study that facilitates student growth as they transition from the elementary school level to the high school level. Our staff work tirelessly to create exciting ways to academically challenge and motivate the students. We also understand and keep in mind the unique nature of the middle school experience, working with our students to develop skills for academic and social success. Meaningful relationships with all students are also a key to the work we do at the middle school level. The focus of our work continues to be on the five Core Values of KIS.
The Five Core Values of KIS
- Global Citizenship – By developing an appreciation and understanding of world cultures, communities and perspectives.
- Integrity – By educating our school community to become ethical, fair, honest and responsible citizens.
- Adaptability – By providing a variety of challenging experiences that promote success and the ability to see change in a positive light.
- Balance in Life – By nurturing physical, social-emotional, creative and intellectual wellness, leading to healthy self-actualization.
- Empowerment – By providing opportunities to apply knowledge and skills to real-world situations, fostering confidence, leadership and responsible risk-taking.
These five Core Values underlie all of the teaching methods and practices our teachers use. We know our students need to learn in a variety of ways, but that we must always maintain the academic rigor students will need to be leaders moving forward. Our teachers are hard-working and dedicated to this philosophy. As parents and guardians, one of the best ways to support the educational philosophy of KIS is to communicate regularly with staff and your students about what is happening inside and outside of the classroom.
Finally, I would like to mention how proud I am to be a part of the KIS tradition and community. We are a school focused on building the necessary academic, social, and emotional skills in our students for them to be successful leaders in the global community. The new school year always brings change and excitement. We are looking forward to a great year. We want to warmly welcome all students, parents, and guardians to the school year and thank you for your support and dedication to our school community.
Yours in Education,
Middle School Principal