1. KIS Food Committee 2017-2018
The KIS Food Committee has been organized to support in developing a healthier school environment for students. This committee consists of ES, MS, HS lunch committee chairs, a faculty member, members of the business staff, and the Hyundai Green Food manager. There will be regular meetings scheduled during the 2017-2018 school year to ensure continual communication as we work together to make a better cafeteria for students, faculty, and staff.
2. Hyundai Website Information
Please visit the Hyundai Green Food website at www.h-kis.com for the following services:
– Online payment.
– Purchase records (parents can keep track of their children’s purchases).
– Suggestions and complaints (can be submitted directly to Hyundai Green Food).
3. Two food survey sessions will be scheduled for the 2017-18 school year to get feedback directly from students, faculty, and staff to measure overall cafeteria satisfaction. This process will be conducted by an outside survey company in order to get objective and transparent feedback to improve school food service.
4. If a student wishes to have a second dish with meal purchase, he/she is free to return and ask for more.
5. Rules for the Salad Bar
Empty salad plates will no longer be kept at the salad bar because students have mentioned they think it is free. The salad bar comes with a meal purchase. Therefore, salad plates will be kept at the end of the main course serving station. Students and staff may take a serving plate after they have purchased a meal then fill the plate with salad. If you wish to use salad bar only, you could use it at 2,500￦.
6. Rules for Returning Trays
Students should gather remaining food in one section on their tray before giving it to Hyundai staff in the tray return line.
Three portable carts are available in the cafeteria to return used dishes and reduce traffic when students are finished with lunch.
7. Students stay in the cafeteria to finish their lunch. Lunch trays or dishes are not allowed to be taken outside of the cafeteria.
8. The monthly menu will be available at the cafeteria page on the KIS website as well as the Phoenix Flyer.
9. There will be entire cafeteria renovation during summer vacation to ensure a more pleasant and enjoyable environment.
10. For Concerns or Suggestions, please contact one of the following:
Or, please communicate with the lunch committee chair at each school.