Pre-K and Junior Kinder ￦15,810,000 (KRW) plus $7,790
Grades K-5 ￦17,390,000 (KRW) plus $8,620
Grade 6-8 ￦19,030,000 (KRW) plus $9,190
Grade 9-12 ￦22,430,000 (KRW) plus $10,200
Application & Test Fee: ₩ 400,000 (KRW) or $400 (USD) (Non-refundable)
Registration Fee: ₩ 400,000 (KRW) (Non-refundable)
Entrance Fee (For new students enrolling for 2018-19): ₩ 4,000,000 (KRW) (Non-refundable)
Book Deposit: ₩ 200,000 (KRW) (Refundable)
Note: The entrance fee is charged when a student is promoted to Kindergarten, and/or when a student is enrolled for Grades K or higher.
Bus Fee (One-way or half-year bus fee options are available): ₩ 2,700,000 (KRW)
High School Senior Fee (For Graduation Ceremony): ₩ 300,000 (KRW) (Grade 12 Students Only)
ES Technology Fee: ₩ 200,000 (KRW) (Grades 3-5 Students)
MS/HS Technology Fee: ₩ 300,000 (KRW) (Grades 6-12 Students)
▶ Returning students: A non-refundable re-enrollment (KRW 3,000,000 or US $3,000) payment is due on April 6, 2018. The re-enrollment payment will be applied towards the 2018-19 school year tuition. If the deposit is not made by April 6, 2018 we cannot guarantee your child’s place in Korea International School for the 2018- 19 school year.
▶ The balance of the tuition and fees is due on or before June 01, 2018. If full payment is not made by June 01, 2018, the student will not be enrolled at Korea International School for the 2018-19 school year.
▶ New students: Payment of tuition and fees must be made within two weeks of notification of admission.
▶ Installment plan with an installment fee is available to parents. Please contact KIS accounting office for details. (1st 60%, payment due: June 01, 2018), (2nd 40% plus 5% installment fee based on outstanding balance, payment due: November 09, 2018)
▶ A late fee of 5% will be applicable towards an outstanding balance.
Payment Instructions: virtual account payment system (가상계좌)
An invoice will be issued to each student and it will contain two separate account numbers: one for USD payment and another for KRW payment. Please use the given account number to pay your tuition and other fees. This account number is individualized for each student and KIS will not be able to recognize payments made to account numbers different from the ones specified in your invoice. This virtual account number will be used until the student graduates from KIS. Please double check student’s name when making payments using this virtual accounting number. For more information or assistance, please contact us at +82-31-789-0509 (Ext.512 or 513).
Late Entry Discount
April 7 ~ August 12, 2018 (N/A)
August 13 ~ October 28, 2018 (N/A)
October 29 ~ January 13, 2019 (20% - pay 80%)
January 14 ~ March 10, 2019 (40% - pay 60%)
March 11 ~ June 13, 2019 (60% - pay 40%)
Early Withdrawal Refund
April 7 ~ August 12, 2018 (90% of annual tuition, 100% of annual bus fee)August 13 ~ October 28, 2018 (65% of annual tuition, 65% of annual bus fee)
October 29 ~ January 13, 2019 (40% of annual tuition, 40% of annual bus fee)
January 14 ~ March 10, 2019 (25% of annual tuition, 25% of annual bus fee)
March 11 ~ June 13, 2019 (N/A)
(1) Tuition and Bus Fees only are subject to refund in accordance with the schedule written above. The following is the process to receive your refund. First, the KIS application for withdrawal and refund request form must be submitted within two weeks of the student’s last day of school. Second, a student and their parents must take the Exit Interview prior to release of transcripts. You may speak to the school registrar to set up the time and date of the interview. Lastly, due to the fiscal calendar, no tuition and fee refunds (including book deposit and any other fees) can be made after July 31st, 2019. This policy applies even when a student enrolls in another school. In the case of non-payment, the School may restrict students from attending classes, withhold report cards, and/or refuse re-enrollment for the following semester.
(2) The refund schedule applies for both voluntary and involuntary withdrawals.
(3) Technology Fee and Senior Fee are not refundable after the first day of school.
(4) The Book Deposit is refundable upon graduation or, in the case of withdrawal, if the application for withdrawal and refund request are submitted within two weeks of the student’s last day of school and if books are returned in good condition.
(5) Please note that in the event of force majeure, which causes a student or students to withdraw from the school, tuition and fees already paid for the school year, and normally partially refunded in accordance with the early withdrawal refund schedule, will not be refunded and any tuition and fees that are unpaid will be due and payable. Force majeure is defined as an event or effect, such as war, civil strife, labor unrest, earthquakes, nuclear disaster or extreme weather conditions that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled and would adversely affect the school’s financial condition. Evacuations ordered by the South Korean or United States governments due to the anticipation of a force majeure also apply to this policy whether or not the force majeure actually occurs. This policy is necessary to ensure the financial stability of the school and to provide resources for continued operations after the force majeure event has passed.
(6) Waitlisted students will be put on the waiting list only during the applied school year.
(7) If the period of being on the waiting list is less than 6 months, then the student’s waiting status will be extended until the end of the first semester of the following school year.
(8) If a student opts to reapply to KIS at a point in the future, then the applicant will be required to resubmit all required documents in addition to making full payment of all required fees.
(9) When student's enrollment date is after the first day of an academic year, 20% of the total annual tuition will be assessed from the total annual tuition amount that the student paid when refudning, in the case that student makes decision to not reroll at KIS prior to student's first day of school or withdraws within 2 weeks after student's first of school.