The Mission of Korea International School is to inspire students with a passion for learning and to cultivate the competence, self-assurance, initiative, and creativity necessary for success in the global community.
Korea International School will create a culture of excellence through modelling our core values of:
- Global Citizenship – By developing an appreciation and understanding of world cultures, communities and perspectives.
- Integrity – By educating our school community to become ethical, fair, honest and responsible citizens.
- Adaptability – By providing a variety of challenging experiences that promote success and the ability to see change in a positive light.
- Balance in Life – By nurturing physical, social-emotional, creative and intellectual wellness leading to healthy self-actualization.
- Empowerment – By providing opportunities to apply knowledge and skills to real- world situations fostering confidence, leadership and responsible risk-taking.
Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLR’s)
- Students will exhibit citizenship by:
- Modeling ethical, fair, honest and responsible behaviors.
- Demonstrating a positive understanding of self, community and the world.
- Proactively contributing to civic, environmental and social issues.
- Students will communicate effectively by:
- Practicing active listening skills.
- Processing information and presenting concrete and abstract ideas.
- Demonstrating participation skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Students will think creatively and Reason Critically by:
- Exploring and understanding issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Applying knowledge to real world situations.
- Creating, implementing and self-assessing original ideas.
- Students will Utilize Information Technology Effectively by:
- Accessing information and evaluating its validity and usefulness.
- Demonstrating a sound understanding and use of various technologies.
- Selecting appropriate technologies and resources to plan and produce authentic products.
- Understanding and practicing safe, ethical and legal behaviors related to information and technology.