The Hello Bus tracking app is available for parents of KIS students. The app provides the following content:
- Map location of designated bus
- A push alarm telling when designated bus will arrive
- Multiple bus route settings
The Hello Bus tutorial video below will guide you through the installation of the app and details the functions that the app offers. For further inquiries please connect with Hello Bus using the contact info below.
Hello Bus Contact Info
Korea International School provides school bus service to help families with their children’s transportation. Bus routes cover most areas in Seoul including the southern area of Bundang. Parents and students should be aware of designated bus routes; especially pick-up and drop-off points.
Each bus stop is designated to optimize transportation time and our number of bus riders. Thus, we cannot comply with all individual needs. Each year routes change in order to accommodate the change in student population. Therefore, please check your bus route prior to making a final decision to use the bus service.
Students need to be on time at designated bus stops; bus drivers are not permitted to wait for late arrivals. If a student misses the bus, the parent will need to arrange transportation to school that day.
Your bus monitor will send sms text when your student did not board the morning bus. For urgent requests/inquiries, please call KIS bus dispatcher/coordinator at :
- 031-789-0551 (Seoul : A1 - J)
- 031-789-0552 (Gyeonggi : K - X)
Requesting Bus Transportation
Prior to start of the school year, parents wishing bus transportation must complete the Application for Bus Transportation Form available from the Business office. Please refer to bus line options on the Bus Route link to determine which bus to request:
Completed form must be submitted to the Bus Coordinator in Business Office well in advance of need for bus service.
KIS buses follow main arteries only (i.e., streets having four or more lanes). Buses will not enter residential complexes. Students will be permitted to board and exit bus only at sites authorized according to the Bus Application Form.
Should student’s address change, or student need to change bus for some reason, parents need to notify the Bus Coordinator in writing prior to the need for a new pick-up or drof-off site. Parents need to submit the application form to transfer to a different bus.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures
Students need to be on time at designated bus stop. Drivers are not permitted to wait for late arrivals. The Bus Coordinator will notify parents by text message regarding when a student must be waiting at the pick-up site. Should a student miss the bus, the parent will need to arrange a transportation to school that day. When students exit the bus upon arrival at school, students must proceed directly to the school playground area. Students must not remain in the driveway. On good weather days, students will remain outside the building until 07:55 am. In event of inclement weather, students will be directed by teachers to a dry location.
School buses will leave school promptly at 3:10 pm. On days when students participate in after school activities, buses will leave promptly at 5:20 pm. No ES students can ride the late bus. Should a student miss the bus departure, the parent will need to arrange the student’s transportation from school.
School Bus Expectations and Consequences
All students must adhere strictly to the following bus rules:
- Students, unless otherwise instructed by the bus monitor or the driver, must sit in their assigned seats with their seat belts securely fastened at all times.
- Students may not engage in any activity or behavior disruptive to the bus monitor, driver, or other passengers, and must respect and obey the bus monitor and the driver at all times.
- Food, beverages, and chewing gum are NOT allowed on the bus.
- Students need to follow additional rules determined necessary by the bus monitor or the driver for safety.
- No dangerous materials (i.e., knives, sharp items, lighters, etc.) are allowed on the bus.
- Students are expected to clean up after themselves and are responsible for any damage he/she causes to the bus.
- Students are responsible for their belongings. (i.e., backpacks, musical instruments, Macbook, etc.)
- Students are allowed to use the electronic equipment (i.e., Macbook, MP3, CD player etc.) as long as he/she does not disturb other students).
For more details, please refer to the School bus policy in our handbook.
A student will be dismissed from the bus service for any major infraction of the rules or when he/she is exhibiting unsafe behaviors on the bus. For minor infractions of the rules:
- First Offense: Warning is issued.
- Second Offense: Two-day suspension of bus privileges.
- Third Offense: Two-week suspension of bus privileges.
- Fourth Offense: Two-month suspension of bus privileges.
Musical Instrument Transportation
Follow the guidelines below for transporting large musical instruments or other valuables.
- The following large instruments will be allowed to be transported on the school bus – cello, tuba, trombone, euphonium, baritone sax, tenor sax, or bass clarinet.
- Instruments must be transported in hard cases.
- The instruments may need to be placed in the cargo compartment of the bus if there is not enough room on the bus. This decision will be made by the bus driver.
- Parents who approve transporting musical instruments must understand the inherent risks of loading, securing and unloading instruments and agree to hold Korea International School harmless if instruments are damaged because of accidental jostling, bumping, dropping or crushing of instruments. KIS will be held responsible for any cases in which school staff willfully or negligently damaged an instrument but not for accidental damage or student caused-damages.
- Parent permission form for bus transportation of Large Musical Instruments should be submitted to the bus coordinator through a bus monitor or directly at least one day prior to the transport of the instrument. The form can be downloaded from the website.
- KIS reserves the right to limit two large instruments per bus.